There is something about walking out on a pier and looking down upon the magical sea. Piers are always happy places. People are relaxed, walking hand-in-hand, enjoying nature, fishing for the big one, and sightseeing for dolphins, stingrays, and the big, bad sharks. The piers throughout Southwest Florida give residents and visitors the ultimate Florida pastime.
Related Blog: 5 Best Places to Go in Your Boat in the Bradenton Area
The Piers of Southwest Florida
Piers are great places for people to enjoy fishing. There are lots of piers throughout Southwest Florida that give anglers of all skill levels a tranquil spot to fish. No worries; just hanging out and, throwing out the lines.
Fishing: A Florida Pastime
Salt Chef.com is a resource for pier fishing all over Florida. Here, we have linked you to all the Sarasota County saltwater fishing piers. This site is great to learn all about the fishing in the Florida waters.
Sightseeing and Fishing
Visit Florida gives you the main piers that residents and visitors love.
- Clearwater's Pier 60 is where the action is for sure. Clearwater Beach is never dull, and many people come from all over to see the clear, Gulf water. Not far away are plenty of restaurants to enjoy dishes from the sea.
- Redington Long Pier is old and nostalgic. A true fisherman's pier with all the smells that go along with it.
- St. Petersburg piers are exciting with big fish seen preying on schools of bait at the Gulf Pierlocated in the Fort DeSoto County Park. Big ships can be seen passing along the shipping channel. Not far away, you will find Bay Pier and a fun Paw Playground for the dogs that love the water.
- Rod and Reel Pier located on Anna Maria Island has deep waters underneath that begins close to the shore.
- Anna Maria City Pier is another pier with a wonderful history.
- Bradenton Beach City Pier is one that has extra special meaning to us.
- Venice Pier has a well-known restaurant, Sharky's on the Pier. This long pier is excellent for beautiful sunsets while dining to delicious food.
- Fort Myers Beach Pier is a pelican's haven, and people enjoy these gentle and friendly seabirds. Great restaurants are all around for a wonderful dining experience.
- Naples Pier has a history back to "1888." This "roughly 1000-foot pier" is known for its panoramic views and the breathtaking sunsets. Downtown Naples is not far away to enjoy excellent shopping and dining.
We Love Our Sarasota Piers
Since we are located in the beautiful city of Sarasota, we have to talk about the piers in our area. You never know when these small sites could become unbelievable, renovated landmarks.
- Sarasota Pier is a place where relaxation is the norm. This is known for great fishing and a fun playground for children.
- Fishing Pier (behind Mote Marine) is another local and relaxing fishing spot with beautiful views.
Bradenton Beach City Pier: Our Team Did That!
A landmark pier that dates back to around 1921, we were selected to bring excitement back to the area with many businesses relying on vacationers, boaters and their local patrons. Playing a major role in Bradenton's future, we are extremely proud to say we did the demolition, removal, and reconstruction.
No Job Too Small or Too Big
When it comes to marine construction, every project is exciting. We love giving Florida residents the best coastal lifestyle they can imagine, and we love taking on the challenge that commercial projects will always bring. Whether it is a dock or a breathtaking pier, we want the project, because we want every customer to get the quality we know we can and will deliver. We're excited to hear what project you have in your plans. With the calendar about to turn over to 2019, we're ready to begin!